Community Resources

COVID-19 Housing Resources & Community Resources Information 
HUD Statement on Fair Housing and COVID-19
Coronavirus and Housing Flyer English 
Coronavirus and Housing Flyer Spanish
Coronavirus Symptoms and Prevention Information
Coronavirus Community Resources Guide
High Point Community Resources Website

Guilford County Schools Summer Meal Information
Guilford County Schools Summer Meal School Locations
Guilford County Schools Summer Meal Neighborhood Locations

High Point Human Relations Commission 211 South Hamilton Street Room 205 P. O. Box 230 High Point, North Carolina (336) 883-3124

The HRC can provide non-financial assistance, advise you of your rights and whether they have been violated and mediate complaints of unfair treatment and discrimination in housing. HRC suggests you first call the High Point Human Relations office to assist you in verifying whether your complaint is valid, and if necessary, provide you a referral to counseling and mediation services.

HRC is always willing to refer you to another agency for a second opinion should you disagree with its findings. 

Community Assistance
This is a listing of food pantries, community meals, emergency assistance, backpack programs and community gardens in the High Point Community.

Greater High Point Food Alliance
Smartphone App: HP Food Finder

Open Door Ministries 400 N Centennial St, High Point 336-885-0191  
Requirement for all assistance: Picture ID, Social Security Card, Proof of Income
Rental Assistance: Original lease agreement, Late Notice, Eviction/Court papers
Utilities Assistance: Original detailed bill, disconnect notice
For all appointments, call 336-885-0191 opt. 2 or ext. 444 after 7:30 Friday mornings.

Ward Street Community Resources 1619 W Ward Ave., High Point 336-888-6091
Open Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon and Thursdays from 4:45 to 6:15 p.m.
Free community dinner is served each Thursday evening between 5:00 PM and 6:15 PM.

West End Ministries 903 W English Rd, High Point 336-884-1105
Requirements: Proof of income, photo ID, proof of residency, lease agreement, power bill, Social Security number for everyone in the home. Must show why they are unable to pay the bill. Must be income to pay future bills. Call Monday - Wednesday 10 am - 3 pm to make an appointment. Appointment required. Assistance only provided when funds are available.

The Salvation Army of High Point 301 W Green Drive, High Point 336-881-5400 
Requirements for all assistance: Picture ID, birth certificates for children
Rental Assistance: Proof of Emergency, Past due notice, W-9 form filled out by landlord, signed lease agreement
Utility Assistance: Past due bill in your name, must be within 48 hours of cut-off.
Clothing Assistance: Proof of emergency

YWCA Baby Basics Closet - High Point 112 Gatewood Ave. High Point 336-882-4126

Services: Child passenger safety seats, diapers, baby clothing, formula/baby-food
Requirements: A referral from a nonprofit agency, Guilford County Public Health Department or Department of Social Services

NC211 Information and Referral Help Line
Call 211 or toll free 888-892-1162 for assistance with: food, housing, counseling, health care, senior services and volunteer opportunities.

Legal Aid
Legal Aid lawyers provide legal assistance to persons qualifying for their services and may represent you in housing matters. To qualify you have to have a low income.

North Carolina Human Relations Commission
North Carolina law now prohibits discrimination in most housing on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap and familial status. Complaints of discrimination must be filed within 180 days of the incident or act.

You can file a complaint of discrimination by contacting the N.C. Human Relations Commission. By Telephone - (336) 733-7996 By mail - 116 West Jones Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27611 or In person - 121 West Jones Street, Raleigh, North Carolina

U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)You can also file complaints of discrimination with the HUD Area Office in Greensboro. Most public housing programs are federally funded. Several of these are administered directly by the HUD Area Office which has information on housing programs which it will provide upon request.

U.S. Dept of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Greensboro Area Office 415 North Edgeworth Street Greensboro, North Carolina 27401 (336)333-5361 or 333-5255 TDD 333-5518


Fair Housing

Landlord/Tenant Responsibilities

Security Deposits

Summary Ejectment