National Night Out
National Night Out is the nation's night out against crime. This year, City of High Point residents will celebrate the annual National Night Out on Tuesday, August 6, 2019. Every year, High Point residents come out by the hundreds to join their respective neighbors at block parties and other gathering events all across the city.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Increase crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in crime efforts
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community relations
- Let criminals know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back against criminal activity
During the event, residents in neighborhoods throughout High Point and across the nation are asked to turn on their porch lights, lock their doors and spend the evening outside with their neighbors, police officers, firefighters and other members of public safety. Events such as cookouts, block parties, and neighborhood walks will all occur simultaneously throughout the city and nationwide.
You can join the National Night Out event by:
- Getting all of your neighbors to turn on their porch lights
- Organizing a block party or some type of neighborhood event (CLICK HERE FOR IDEAS)
- Register your block party to schedule visits by Police, Fire, and City Officials
If you would like to be added to the participant list, email a Community Outreach Officer the following: neighborhood name and location, event coordinator's name and phone number, event start and end times.
NOTE: Placement on the participant list does not guarantee a visit by Police, Fire, or City of High Point officials. The participant list will be used for statistical reporting of event participation.
If you want to learn more about NNO, please visit the NATIONAL NIGHT OUT WEBSITE.
If you have any questions about our ride-a-long program please contact, Officer Boyd at 336-887-7824 or Officer Dockery at 336-887-7807.