We believe in the power of education, that’s why we have partnered with Law Publications to make sure that we can provide our community members with not only quality presentations but information they can refer to in the coming months to stay safe and informed.
Check below to see a preview of the Presentations / Programs offered by the High Point Police Department. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation or receiving materials contact a Community Outreach Officer.
* NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH (get Started, get organized)
* WORKPLACE VIOLENCE (steps for improvement)
* CYBER-BULLYING (the different types and what you can do)
* BULLYING (self-assessment and steps for improvement)
* KEEP YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNTS SAFE
* CONS, FRAUDS, AND SCAMS
* PEER PRESSURE
* KEEPING YOURSELF SAFE WHEN OUT AND ABOUT
* LET'S ALL WORK TO FIGHT DRUG ABUSE
* HUMAN TRAFFICKING (the international trade of human beings)
* CONNECTING THE PIECES TO STOP THE VIOLENCE
* ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATIONS
High Point Police Department Community Outreach officers strive to inform, educate and train High Point community members, businesses and other interested parties to use best practices and strategies to discourage crime and lessen opportunities for crime to occur. Year-round the High Point Police Departments Community Engagement Unit hosts and participates in special events, conferences, workshops, community fairs, safety education presentations, etc., to promote safety and improve the knowledge base of those most directly affected by crime in our city. Our mission is simple to advance our community members safety goals and, in the process, yield positive results by working together.