Guilford Creek Week
Join us for our 2nd annual Guilford Creek Week March 23-30, 2019!
Guildford Creek Week is a week-long celebration of local water providing fun, educational events and community activities throughout Guilford County that promote environmental education and stewardship.
Events will be happening in High Point, Greensboro and throughout many Guilford County communities. Check out the events in High Point below, and take a look at the Guilford Creek Week website, Facebook or Instagram for more information!
2019 Guilford Creek Week Events Happening in High Point
- Creek Week Kick-off Party at Gibson Park, 10am-2pm, 5207 West Wendover Ave., Jamestown. Join High Point Stormwater and Recycling, Greensboro Water Resources and Recycling, Guilford County, Greensboro EcoBus, and so much more for a day of fun-filled, educational activities all around the trails and ponds in Gibson Park. The event is free and will have food available for purchase, giveaways, and a medicine drop. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook @guilfordcreekweek.
- Lake Shore Trail Walk at Piedmont Environmental Center, 10am, 1220 Penny Rd., High Point. Join the Naturalists of PEC for a walk along the Bill Faver Lake Shore Trail to discover the plants and animals that like the wet and wild side of life. Get up close to a beaver lodge, look for bugs, fish, and tadpoles with dip nets, and scan for waterfowl along the shoreline. Registration is required by March 21, 2019 and is $3 per person ages 5 and up, and free for 4 and under. Register Here
- Family Fishing Day at City Lake Park, 2-5pm, 206 W. Main St., Jamestown. This is a free fishing clinic run by North Carolina Fish and Wildlife. Learn about the fish in our local waters and proper fishing techniques. Loaner poles and bait will be available. Contact City Lake Marina for more information: 336-883-3498.
- Creek Week BookWorm Storytime and High Point Public Library, 10am, 901 N. Main St. Water-themed storytime for ages 12-23 months.
- Creek Week Time for Two's and High Point Public Library, 11am, 901 N. Main St. Water-themed storytime for 2 year olds.
- Creek Week Science Club at the High Point Public Library, 3:30pm, 901 N. Main St. School age kids are welcome to join Library, Stormwater, and Recycling staff to learn about local waterways and the many ways we can protect them.
- Creek Week Preschool Storytime at the High Point Public Library, 11am, 901 N. Main St. Story time for 3-5 year olds.
- Rich Fork Preserve Clean-Up Day, 9:30am-12pm, 407 W. Parris Ave, High Point. Guilford County Parks and Recreation is preparing for the Grand Opening of Phase 1 of this property right in the middle of High Point! They are asking for assistance with trash clean-up and hand-cut trail work. Keep High Point Beautiful will also be there to help with the clean-up efforts.All cleanup supplies and lunch will be provided to volunteers following the clean-up. Volunteers are encouraged to pre-register online. Register Here