The continued spread of COVID-19 has caused many changes, in all aspects of our lives and businesses. Parks & Recreation is committed to the health and well-being of our citizens and employees. When using our facilities, please practice safe social distancing practices and follow the 3 Ws (Wait, Wash,Wear).
If you have questions regarding a program registration or rental, please call 336-883-3469.
Updates from Executive Order No. 163 - Phase 2.5, effective September 4, 2020
- An extended After School Explorations enrichment program is being offered at Allen Jay Recreation Center, Deep River Recreation Center, Morehead Recreation Center, Oakview Recreation Center and Piedmont Environmental Center (PEC).
- Piedmont Environmental Center is offering outdoor nature programs to the public.
- Programming will resume at recreation centers on a limited basis. Preregistration will be required, as well as following safety precautions outlined in the Executive Order No. 163.
- Many program areas, such as Special Populations and Seniors, are offering virtual programs.
- Athletic programs and field rental inquiries should call 336-883-3480.
Playgrounds, Parks, Greenways and Trails
- Playgrounds and basketball courts will open on Friday, September 4.
- Parks are open sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- Greenways & trails - open sunrise to sunset.
- Picnic shelters will be available to rent beginning September 8. Groups will be limited to 50 per shelter, regardless of the size shelter.
- Beginning Saturday, September 5, hours for regular play are:
- Mondays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays – Sundays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The golf courses are open but will only be accepting debit and credit cards; no cash please.
- Grill rooms remain open for take-out only through 6 p.m.
- Carts are thoroughly sanitized between golfers.
- For questions, please call Blair Park Golf Course - 336.883.3497 (pro shop) or 336.883.3496 (grill room) or Oak Hollow Golf Course - 336.883.3260 (course) or 336.883.3491 (grill room).
Oak Hollow Tennis Center and other outdoor tennis courts
- Oak Hollow Tennis Center’s regular hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Court reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Indoor courts are open.
- Please bring your own water.
- Other outdoor tennis courts are available at Allen Jay Recreation Center, Deep River Recreation Center, Oakview Recreation Center, Mohawk Park and Washington Terrace Park.
- For questions, please call 336.883.3493.
- Marina buildings are open to the public. Please plan to pay by debit or credit card only.
- Bank fishing fees are currently waived.
- Park restrooms are open.
- Boat rentals are available at both locations
- Fishing boats, canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddle-boards are available at High Point City Lake Park.
- Kayaks, stand up paddle-boards and sailboats at Oak Hollow Marina.
- Tour boat rides are available at High Point City Lake Park.
- Pedal boats are not available at High Point City Lake Park.
- For questions, please call Oak Hollow Marina: 336.883.3494 or High Point City Lake Park Marina: 336.883.3498
Oak Hollow Campground open for guests
- The campground is open. Pool and bathhouses are available. Please call 336.883.3492 for information.
- Open for program participants with pre-registration only. The facilities are closed to walk in guests.
- Facility reservations are available for groups up to 25 guests, in rooms that allow for physical distancing.
- Playgrounds and basketball courts will open on Friday, September 4. Shelter rentals and room reservations will begin on September 8, following indoor and outdoor gathering limits.
- High Point Parks & Recreation’s administrative office, recreation centers, Washington Terrace Community Center and Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center will remain closed for walk in guests.
- Amusements, such as the train and carousel at High Point City Lake Park, remain closed.