Community Development and Housing's Affordable Housing strategies focus on 3 main areas:
- Increasing the supply of safe, sanitary, decent and affordable housing (building single and multi-family homes)
- Improving the condition of existing low income housing stock (housing rehabilitation)
- Improving accessibility to affordable housing (homebuyer education, individual development accounts and homebuyer assistance)
- Homebuyer Assistance Programs - The City offer two homebuyer assistance programs with the following goals: (1) to assist qualified very low-to-moderate income citizens interested in purchasing a home in the City and (2) to provide an incentive to purchase a home in the Core City.
- Home Repair Programs - The City offers home repair programs to income-eligible, High Point residents that are geared toward ensuring the continued livability and viability of High Point’s affordable housing units.
To See If You Qualify...
Please click here to access our Eligibility Screening Form or call (336) 883-3349.