The goals of URP are:
- To alleviate housing conditions that pose an imminent threat to the life and safety of very low-income homeowners
- To provide necessary repairs to prevent eligible, very low-income homeowners from having to relocate
- Household income at least 50% or below the area median income AND at least one of the following:
- Children in households with an elevated level of lead in their blood
- Elderly household members at least 62 years old
- Handicapped/disabled members
- Households with five or more persons
- Single parents
- Veterans (added in the 2016-17 cycle)
The URP is one of several programs of the City funded by Federal, State and local sources to increase the availability of and access to affordable housing, including down payment assistance, construction training and new housing construction. Funding for these and other programs offered by CD&H is limited, so for more information and/or how to apply, please call 336-883-3349.
Applying for the Program
To begin the application process, download a copy of our Eligibility Screening Form.