High Point Transit System is committed to the provision of community transit services for all including low-income and disadvantaged users who may receive assistance from non-profit organizations. HPTS desires to do its part with the donation of transit passes to organizations providing these needed services.
Requests for pass donations from HPTS will be considered under the following conditions and requirements:
- The organization must be an IRS designated 501(c)(3) organization; and
- One request from each organization will be considered per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) with a maximum donation value of $100 per organization per year; and
- If the requesting organization has an account with HPTS, that account must be in good standing with no account balance.
- Requesting organizations must submit their request on the attached form accompanied by the signature page of their most recently submitted IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.
- Requests must be renewed annually.
- The maximum value of passes issued by HPTS per fiscal year will not exceed $1,000 worth of one-ride complementary passes,
- Donated passes expire based on the date encoded in the card, and
- Donated pass values are based on the one-way fare in effect at the time of issuance.
- City Council must appropriate the funding annually in the Transportation Department/Transit Division budget.
Transit Bus Pass Donation Request Form (fillable PDF)