In addition to the Historical Park properties, the Museum maintains two off-site structures located in High Point City Lake Park.
Located further east of the Museum are the Mendenhall Meeting House and Mendenhall Store. The Mendenhall family built the meeting house in 1819 in which to worship when bad weather made the four mile trip to their regular meeting house difficult.
A few years later, in 1824 the Mendenhall Store was built to set up a leather goods store and business office. In 1978, the High Point Historical Society signed a contract with the City of High Point to maintain both buildings. The Museum opens these structures to the public during certain annual programs.