A post about the "overdue notice" email you might have received last night.
1. You are NOT being charged late fines right now, and this will remain true until we reopen the Library entirely. So no worries!
2. Those emails mean an item you have can't be renewed, likely because someone else put it on hold. But if you can't venture out safely right now, keep the item until we reopen. Your safety is our top priority.
3. To make things as safe as possible for everyone, items are returned in our drive-through book drops without any human contact, and we quarantine returns for three days before handling them.
4. Therefore, if you feel it’s safe for you to do so, we hope you’ll return any overdue items you have, at your convenience; you can even return all non-overdue items you’re done with at the same time.
5. Since you're returning things anyway, don't forget you can also put new things on hold to check out when you make your "returns" trip! (Just remember you can't pick them up unless you got a notification that they're ready.)
We're excited to begin circulating items again because we know access to entertainment and knowledge is perhaps even more important while we're still limiting social interactions. Thank you all for your help with this, and put any questions in the comments or in our messages!